From malpractice claims to licensing issues, the firm’s professional liability group aggressively defends the reputations of organizations and professionals in various fields. Our lawyers have years of experience defending professional clients both in and out of the courtroom. Representative professionals include: attorneys, doctors, nurses, mental health professionals, accountants, engineers, surveyors, architects, appraisers, real estate agents and brokers, title agents and examiners, mortgage brokers, insurance agents, travel agents, clergy, social workers, mortuaries, veterinarians and more.
Articles and publications
- Who Goes on the Verdict Form: Tinkering Toward Utopia Leads to Complexity in Connecticut
- Malpractice on Trial: Avoiding Claims
- Separate but Equal Duties
- The Art of Engagement Letters
- Who Goes on the Verdict Form: Arkansas’ Evolving Apportionment Rules
- Drafting Engagement Letters
- Skeletons as Party Favors
- Damages: A View From the Defense Perspective
- Who’s the Client?
- Long-Arm Jurisdiction in Georgia
- Limitation of Expert Trial Testimony: Using California Evidence Code 721, as a Sword and Shield
- The Way Forward in Georgia: Duplicative Claims in Malpractice Litigation
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance: 2018 Midwest Conference
- Atlanta Claims Association: Annual Education Conference
- Institute of Continuing Legal Education in Georgia: Abusive Litigation
- Christine Mast Invited to Participate on ABA National Legal Malpractice Conference Panel
- Christine Mast Spoke at Seminar on Abusive Litigation
- Summary Judgment Obtained in Complex Legal Malpractice Case
- Seventeen Lawyers Selected to The Best Lawyers in America© 2018
- Sixteen Lawyers Selected to The Best Lawyers in America© 2017
- Texas Trial Lawyers Ranelle Meroney and Amy Welborn Join HPTY's Austin Office
- Seventeen Lawyers Selected to The Best Lawyers in America© 2016
- Fourteen Lawyers from HPTY Selected for Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2012
- Georgia Supreme Court Affirms Summary Judgment in Legal Malpractice Case
- HPTY Listed in Atlanta Business Chronicle's Top 50 Law Firms of 2010
- Anderson, Jr., Carl H.
- Barr, Matthew F.
- Bedinger, III, Frank C.
- Brock, L. Kristin
- Dick, Lauren
- Goldman, Michael J.
- Grantham, Bryan M.
- Joiner, Blake H.
- Keith, C. Shane
- Lazzaroni, Teresa E.
- Lewis, Zachary S.
- Major, III, William H.
- Whitlock, Kathryn S.
- York, Peter R.
- Young, II, H. Lane
- Welborn, Amy C.
- Young, Jenni L.
- Anderson, Malerie T.
- Tripicco, Michael S.
- Cowan, Tracy J.
- Fountain, Bill D.