Collectively, the Medical Malpractice Group has 250 years of experience defending physicians, hospitals, nurses, and other medical care providers against medical malpractice litigation. The Medical Malpractice Group has tried more than 70 cases to verdict, litigated more than 425 cases, and served as lead counsel in more than 1,000 depositions. The Medical Malpractice Group is supplemented by a team of Registered Nurses who consult with experts and witnesses on medical issues.
Articles and publications
- Refreshingly Boring? High Court Considers Statutory Context
- How Settlement Credits Work: Indiana
- Who Goes on the Verdict Form: Is There Causative or Fault-based Apportionment in Indiana?
- How Settlement Credits Work: Washington
- Cautious Optimism Over the Increasingly Prevalent Alternative Fee Arrangements
- How Settlement Credits Work: South Carolina
- The Last Hurrah for Last Clear Chance?
- Who Goes on the Verdict Form: Illinois’ Approach to Non-Parties and Settling Defendants and the Apportionment of Fault
- Who Goes on the Verdict Form: Tinkering Toward Utopia Leads to Complexity in Connecticut
- Who Goes on the Verdict Form: Arkansas’ Evolving Apportionment Rules
- Skeletons as Party Favors
- Damages: A View From the Defense Perspective
- Long-Arm Jurisdiction in Georgia
- The Way Forward in Georgia: Duplicative Claims in Malpractice Litigation
- Out of the Closet and Into the Facility: Ethically Managing the Needs of the Increasing LGBT Population in Nursing and Assisted Living Facilities
- Seventeen Selected to The Best Lawyers in America© 2019
- Seventeen Lawyers Selected to The Best Lawyers in America© 2018
- Sixteen Lawyers Selected to The Best Lawyers in America© 2017
- Defense Verdict in Retrial of a Medical Malpractice Case
- HPTY Listed in Atlanta Business Chronicle's Top 50 Law Firms of 2010
- Matt Barr Receives Defense Verdict for Atlanta Hospital and Nurse