The Knowledge Group: Hot Topics in ERISA Litigation Developments in 2016 and Beyond
David R. Johanson will be speaking at The Knowledge Group's webcast, “Hot Topics in ERISA Litigation Developments in 2016 and Beyond.” This live event is scheduled for Tuesday, April 19, 2016 at 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm EST.
The increasingly complex economy continuously brings challenges to companies and organizations particularly in addressing concerns and legal issues related to the welfare of employees. The Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) helps employers administer and address such concerns. Nowadays, it is of high importance to secure full knowledge of the laws and regulations affecting the employment landscape to avoid future ERISA litigation risks.
In this live webcast, David will provide the audience with an in-depth discussion of the fundamentals, as well as recent developments in ERISA litigation. He will also provide expert thoughts and opinions to help the audience conform to the complex environment of ERISA litigation.
Key topics include:
- Recent Court Decisions
- M&G Polymers USA v. Tackett
- Tibble v. Edison International
- RJR Pension Investment Committee v. Tatum
- Montanile v. Board of Trustees of the National Elevator Industry Health Benefit Plan
- Amgen v. Harris
- ERISA’s Preemption Clause
- Remedies Under the ERISA’s Authorization of “Appropriate Equitable Relief”
- ERISA Litigation Involving Traditional Health Carriers and Plans
- Other cases pending in the United States Supreme Court Docket That Might Impact ERISA Litigation; and
- Excessive Fee Cases and Class Actions involving 401(k) Plans Litigation Trends