Defense Research Institute: Asbestos Medicine Seminar 2015
Hawkins Parnell Thackston & Young LLP (HPTY) is a proud sponsor and participant of Defense Research Institute’s (DRI) 2015 Asbestos Medicine Seminar on November 5-6, 2015 at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Nevada.
HPTY’s Evelyn Fletcher Davis is the program chair for the eighth year in a row. Al Parnell will provide lessons that keep on giving from the history of asbestos litigation—in particular those lessons that seem to recur. Jason Irvin will demonstrate how plaintiffs’ counsel utilize the “reptile tactics” in asbestos litigation and how savvy defense counsel can prepare for, prevent, and counter these tactics.
Attendees will be updated on developments in the legal, medical, and strategic trends that will directly impact success in defending asbestos cases, including:
- Learn antidotes for the Reptile Theory
- Dr. Richard Attanoos from the United Kingdom will discuss the significance of asbestos body and fiber counts, plaques, and lung fibrosis in asbestos disease claims
- International scope of mesothelioma
- Genetics, epigenetics, and cancer syndromes in asbestos litigation
- Revelations about so-called “independent” associations – such as the Collegium Ramazzini, the Brigham and Women’s Hospital International Mesothelioma Program, the Asbestos Disease Awareness Organization