E. Tyron Brown
Tyron Brown is a Partner with Hawkins Parnell Thackston & Young LLP and has extensive litigation, arbitration and other dispute resolution experience in complex litigation. His experience includes business, commercial and construction litigation including contract disputes, product liability, negotiable instruments, UCC Law, business torts, unfair trade practices, business fraud, and civil RICO. Ty has successfully represented some of the most recognizable Fortune 500 companies in lawsuits involving these legal fields. For many years now, Ty has also represented the nation’s largest minority construction company. In addition, Ty is experienced in and handles all matters involving architects, engineers and construction managers. He also handles litigation with property managers, marketing consultants, business brokers, business managers and advertisers.
Ty represents clients in a proactive manner by keeping them apprised of best practices and new and developing law that may affect the client, and by assisting clients in resolution of disputes and potential disputes at an early stage. When a client is involved in litigation or arbitration, he vigorously represents the client in a professional, well-prepared manner. He personally meets with potential witnesses, visits sites that are at issue in cases, and researches every possible avenue to best present his clients’ positions in cases. Ty’s dedication to the law was recognized by Judges who awarded him the 2006 Attorney of the Year by the Judicial Council of the Gate City Bar Association.
- ALFA International
- Steering Committee, Construction Law Practice Group
- American Bar Association
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Gate City Bar Association
- Vice-President, 2003
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta
- National Bar Association
- Steering Committee Member, NBA 2007 Annual Convention
- Co-Chair, Fundraising Committee for NBA Judicial Council
- Co-Chair, NBA Atlanta 2007 Convention Fundraising & Sponsorship Committee
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS)
- State Bar of Georgia
- The Florida Bar
- The Best Lawyers in America©, Litigation - Construction (2015-2018)
- Awarded 2006 Attorney of the Year by the Gate City Bar Judicial Section
- Awarded 2007 President's Award by the National Bar Association
Articles and publications
- FFI Macon, LLC and C. Peyton Day v. Hall Bloch Garland & Meyer, LLP, et al.
- Phoenix on Peachtree Condominium Association, Inc.
- Angela Blackmon, et al. v. H.J. Russell & Company
- Kenny Rogers v. Thomas Threatt, James W. Threatt, Jr. and George E. Butler, II
- Optimum Technologies, Inc. v. Vantage Industries, Inc. and Leggett & Platt, Inc.
- Spelman College v. Russell/Moody, A Joint Venture, H.J. Russell & Company, C.D. Moody Construction Company, et al.
- 805 Peachtree Condominium Associates, Inc. et. al. v. Loudermilk/Rohrig, LLC, and Gay Construction Company
- EQR Lincoln Peachtree LLC v. Shepard Crane and Associates, Inc., Lincoln Contractors, 2000 Concrete,LLC, et al.
- Thales e-Transactions, Inc. v. MARTA, and Cubic Transportation, Inc.
- The State of M.O.D.E., Inc. v. Wilsonart International, Inc. and Meyer Laminates, Inc.
J.D., Florida State University College of Law (1988)
- Virgil Hawkins Fellowship Recipient
B.S., Political Science, Florida State University (1985)
- Student Body President
- Chairman, State of Florida Council of Student Body Presidents
- Who's Who in American Colleges and Universities
- Outstanding Young Men of America
- FSU Seminole Award Recipient
- FSU Parents Club Scholarship Recipient
- FSU Gold Key Honorary
- Supreme Court of Florida
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Court of Appeals of Georgia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Seventeen Lawyers Selected to The Best Lawyers in America© 2018
- Sixteen Lawyers Selected to The Best Lawyers in America© 2017
- Seventeen Lawyers Selected to The Best Lawyers in America© 2016
- Fifteen Lawyers Selected to The Best Lawyers in America© 2015
- Ty Brown Wins Defense Verdict in Legal Malpractice Trial