A. Timothy Jones
Tim Jones, a senior partner in the Firm and Partner-in-Charge of the Charleston, West Virginia office, concentrates his practice in complex product liability and toxic tort litigation. Most recently, his focus has been on asbestos cases in West Virginia.
Throughout 44 years with the Firm, Tim has served as trial counsel representing clients in a variety of areas including securities litigation, class action suits, attorney malpractice defense, refinery explosions, environmental issues, and various product liability cases.
He has over 40 years of trial counsel experience in both state and federal Courts in Georgia and throughout the United States including the state and federal courts of New York and the state courts of Pennsylvania, Florida, Louisiana, Illinois and Texas.
Tim has appeared before Judge Wilson in the Circuit Court of Kanawha County, West Virginia for three trial groups (winter, spring, fall) consisting of 20 cases a year from 2004 to the present. The trials have been conducted in Wheeling and Charleston, West Virginia and involve numerous Firm clients.
- State Bar of Georgia
- Kentucky Bar Association
- South Carolina State Bar
- State Bar of Texas
- West Virginia State Bar
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- American Law Firm Association
- Former Member, Board of Directors
- American Bar Association
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers Magazine (2004-2013)
- The National Registry of "Who's Who" (numerous years)
- A.M. Best Company, Listings of the Best Insurance Attorneys (numerous years)
- The Best Lawyers in America©, Personal Injury Litigation, Product Liability Litigation (1995-2018)
- James William Bruce, Jr. Executor of the Estate of James William Bruce, Sr. v. A&I Company
- Newell Andry v. Murphy Oil USA
- Lucy v Owens Corning, et. al.
- Arnold v, Union Carbide, et. al.
- Garrison v. USG. et al.
- Rudolph Charles Cardenas v. Kelly Moore Paint Company, Inc. et al.
- Brenda Bright, et al. v. Met Life et al.
- John Mazzucco v. United States Gypsum, et al.
- Cassavaugh v. OCF, et al.
- DiAngelo v. OCF, et al.
- Joanne M. Meister v. North Aurora Motel, Inc., d/b/a Super 8 Motel
- Gustavo Ruibal, Sr., a Personal Representative of the Estate of Miriam Ruibal, deceased v. OPI Products, Inc. a foreign corporation, Imperial Beauty Supply & Barber Supply, Inc.
- Lewis Stern, Kieran Manning & Robert Collins
J.D., University of South Carolina School of Law (1967)
B.A., University of Virginia (1963)
- State and Superior Court of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- United States District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- Seventeen Lawyers Selected to The Best Lawyers in America© 2018
- Sixteen Lawyers Selected to The Best Lawyers in America© 2017
- Seventeen Lawyers Selected to The Best Lawyers in America© 2016
- Fifteen Lawyers Selected to The Best Lawyers in America© 2015
- HPTY Successfully Resolves Over 70 Asbestos Cases
- Thirteen HPTY Lawyers Named as Best Lawyers in America® for 2014
- Thirteen HPTY Lawyers Named as Best Lawyers in America® for 2013
- Fourteen Lawyers from HPTY Selected for Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2012