C. Shane Keith
Throughout his career, Shane has exclusively represented corporate clients, both plaintiff and defendant. His practice focuses on premises liability, product liability, professional negligence and the representation of corporate clients in commercial settings.
Shane has successfully argued numerous motions for summary judgment at both the federal and state level. He successfully argued one of the first Daubert challenges in Georgia to experts in a toxic mold case, in which the Plaintiff alleged that she experienced a series of long-term and serious physical maladies caused by exposure to mold in an Atlanta apartment. Shane has also tried numerous cases in both bench and jury settings.
REPORTED CASES (Selected)
- Alexander Props. Group, Inc. v. Doe, 280 Ga. 306 (2006)
- Cooper v. Marten Transp., Ltd., 599 F. App'x 930, 931 (11th Cir. 2015)
- Cooper v. Marten Transp., Ltd., 539 F. App'x 963, 965 (11th Cir. 2013)
- Associated Rubber Co. v. NLRB, 296 F.3d 1055 (11th Cir. 2002)
- Cooper v. Marten Transp., Ltd., 2012 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 191774 (N.D. Ga. June 4, 2012)
- Shadburn v. Rosewood Plantation Apartments, Inc., 2008 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 120837 (N.D. Ga. Mar. 28, 2008)
- Azubuko v. Berkshire Mut. Ins. Co., 2003 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 26768 (N.D. Ga. Oct. 22, 2003)
- Tomsic v. Marriott International, 321 Ga. App. 374 (2013)
- Ramcke v. Ga. Power Co., 306 Ga. App. 736 (2010)
- Underwood v. Select Tire, Inc., 296 Ga. App. 805 (2009)
- Kidd v. Dentsply Intl, Inc., 278 Ga. App. 346 (2006)
- Peacock v. Kiser, 272 Ga. App. 83(2005)
- Garner v. Rite Aid of Ga., Inc., 265 Ga. App. 737 (2004)
- Martha H. West Trust v. Mkt. Value of Atlanta, Inc., 262 Ga. App. 90 (2003)
- State Bar of Georgia
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute
- American Bar Association
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta
- Super Lawyer "Rising Star," Super Lawyers Magazine (2006, 2009-2015)
- Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers Magazine (2017-2018)
“Mission Impossible? Rethinking the Defenseof Third-Party Criminal-Attack Cases,” Georgia Defense Lawyers Association Annual Meeting, Palm Beach, FL (June 2015)
"Premises Liability: Emerging Trends and A Return to the Basics?" Georgia Defense Lawyers Association CLE, Atlanta, GA (2012)
Articles and publications
- Tom Cooper and Gail Cooper v. Marten Transport, Ltd. and Dwayne Stroman
- Nathaniel Polite v. Double View Ventures, LLC & Westdale Asset Management, Ltd.
- Walker v. Aderhold Properties, Inc.
- Susan J. Tomsic v. Marriott International, Inc. and Broderick W. Sumner
- Mulligan v. Marshalls
- Edna Ramcke, Individually and in her Representative Capacity As the Administratrix of the Estate of Robert A. Podorsky (deceased) v. Georgia Power Company, The Southern Company, The Southern Company Generation
- Alexander Props. Group, Inc. v. Doe
- Kidd v. Dentsply Intl, Inc.
- Peacock v. Kiser
- Garner v. Rite Aid of Ga., Inc.
- Azubuko v. Berkshire Mut. Ins. Co.
- Martha H. West Trust v. Mkt. Value of Atlanta, Inc.
- Associated Rubber Co. v. NLRB
J.D., Emory University School of Law (2000)
- Member, Order of the Coif
B.A., summa cum laude, Auburn University (1997)
- All Georgia State and Appellate Courts
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Twenty Lawyers Selected to Georgia's 2017 Super Lawyers®
- Georgia Court of Appeals Reverses Denial of Summary Judgment to Contractor on Causation in Mold Exposure Case
- HPTY Obtains Defense Verdict in Tractor-Trailer Accident
- Shane Keith Quoted in Units Magazine After Data Breaches at Major Retailers
- HPTY Teaching Law Students in the Kessler-Eidson Program for Trial Techniques at Emory University
- Shane Keith Tries Premises Liability Case in Fulton County
- Warner Fox and Shane Keith Win Directed Verdict in Premises Liability Case