P. Saxon Guerriere
Saxon Guerriere is an associate in the Dallas office at Hawkins Parnell Thackston & Young LLP. He is an experienced member of trial teams in complex multi-district civil litigation. Saxon handles multiple cases for several clients in state, federal, and MDL courts across the country and is responsible for all aspects of litigation from inception through dismissal, settlement, or trial.
Saxon has participated in all phases of litigation including written discovery, forum non conveniens motions,depositions (including trial cross examination of plaintiffs, witnesses,and plaintiff experts), summary judgment and adjudication motions,motions in limine, motions to strike, trial preparation and court appearances. Saxon has also been involved with in-trial support and preparation.
While receiving his juris doctor from the University of North Carolina, Saxon worked for the District Attorney's office of Tarrant County.
- Defense Research Institute
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Young Lawyers Association
- The Missouri Bar
- State Bar of New Mexico
- New York State Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Hot List - Southwest Region, Lawyers of Color (2014) - Recognizing early-to mid-career attorneys excelling in the legal profession.
- “Thoughts from Hiring Decision-Makers,” Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, Dallas, Texas (May 30, 2018)
- “Professionalism: Tips for Avoiding Conflicts, Preserving Confidences, and Dealing with Difficult Opposing Counsel,” In-House CLE, Montalba, Texas (May 3, 2017)
Articles and publications
J.D., University of North Carolina School of Law (2011)
- North Carolina Journal of International Law and Commercial Regulation
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy – Trial Advocacy Program
B.B.A, Texas Christian University (2006)
- Dean’s List
- President, Secretary, Risk Management Chair, Phi Kappa Sigma Fraternity
- Malcolm Louden Leadership Scholar
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Los Angeles Mesothelioma Defense Verdict
- Ed Slaughter Secures Verdict of Less Than 1% of Plaintiffs Jury Demand in Claimed Catastrophic Injury Trial
- Defense Verdict in Los Angeles
- Ed Slaughter, Jason Irvin, and Saxon Guerriere Obtain Summary Judgment in Illinois Mesothelioma Case
- HPTY Wins Bench Trial on Workers' Compensation Affirmative Defense