Pilar C. Whitaker
Pilar Whitaker is an associate attorney in the Atlanta office of Hawkins Parnell Thackston & Young LLP. She is experienced in all facets of commercial litigation ranging from initial case management to trials and appeals in state and federal courts. She represents the firm's local and national corporate clients in general liability matters, as well as licensed professionals in the healthcare industry. Pilar also has experience defending businesses in premises liability, products liability, and insurance coverage disputes. Additionally, Pilar is committed to bettering the lives of Atlanta's residents through pro bono legal services.
Pilar was born and raised in California, where she considers Oakland as her hometown. Outside of her litigation practice, she enjoys cooking, playing with her beagle, and traveling.
- State Bar of Georgia
- Georgia Association of Black Women Attorneys
- Gate City Bar Association.
- Atlanta Volunteers Lawyers Foundation
J.D., Vanderbilt University Law School (2014)
- Board Member, Mock Trial
- Vice President, Law Students for Social Justice
- Admissions and Recruitment Chair, Black Law Students Association
B.A., University of California, Los Angeles (2009)
- Editor-in-Chief, Nommo Newsmagazine
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia