Nathan D. Pearman
Nathan Pearman is an associate attorney in the Dallas office of Hawkins Parnell Thackston & Young LLP. He represents small businesses to large global corporations in complex litigation involving high-stakes commercial disputes, employment matters, toxic exposures, and product liability defense. Nathan has successfully tried cases and handled appeals in state and federal courts. Texas Lawyer recognized one of his trials in 2011 in their list of top ten contracts jury verdicts in Texas.
- Obtained take-nothing defense verdict on behalf of client in two-week federal jury trial on Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) and sex discrimination claims and successfully defeated motion for new trial.
- Obtained Rule 12(b)(6) dismissal with prejudice in federal court in Houston, Texas, on behalf of large Indian media and entertainment company in defense of claims for fraud, business disparagement, and breach of contract.
- Second chair in three-week jury trial in Harris County District Court involving complex breach of contract and fraud claims related to insurance restoration construction contract after Hurricane Ike. Obtained damages of approximately $3.66 million, plus award of attorneys’ fees, costs, and pre- and post-judgment interest totaling approximately $1 million.
- Second chair in three-day bench trial in federal court in Dallas, Texas, successfully obtaining a finding that the at-large system of electing members of the Farmers Branch City Council violated Section 2 of the Voting Rights Act and an award of nearly $400,000 in attorneys’ fees and costs.
- Member of trial team during five-week trial in the High Court of Justice of England and Wales, Queen’s Bench Division, representing a global medical device manufacturer, in eight-figure breach of contract dispute, related to alleged failure by client to bring to market rapid screening test for Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA).
- National LGBT Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Church of the Incarnation
- Best LGBT Lawyers Under 40, Class of 2012, presented by the National LGBT Bar Association
- Super Lawyer "Rising Star," Super Lawyers Magazine (2014-2019)
- "Updates to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure," In-House CLE, Dallas, Texas (November 2015)
J.D., University of Texas School of Law (2010)
- Articles Editor, Texas Journal on Civil Liberties and Civil Rights
- Vice President, American Constitution Society
B.A., Political Science, University of Florida (2007)
- Student Government
- Speech and Debate Team
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit