Mirna J. Scheffy
Mirna J. Scheffy is a partner in the San Francisco office of Hawkins Parnell Thackston & Young LLP. Mirna’s practice consists of defending and advising employers in labor and employment matters, including class actions, wage & hour, and Title VII claims, as well as defending corporations in complex and multiple party product liability, environmental, and toxic tort litigation. She works on all aspects of litigation from the pleading stage through trial and settlement. Mirna has deposed hundreds of plaintiffs, percipient and expert witnesses, and has successfully defended employers, product manufacturers, contractors, and premises owners, resolving many cases through dispositive motions, mediation, and settlement conferences.
Mirna also defends fiduciaries in ERISA litigation involving employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs) and business transactions in state and federal court. She has been extensively involved in all areas of pre-trial litigation, including researching and drafting motions and memoranda on complex employment law matters and preparing for and attending depositions of plaintiffs and witnesses.
- State Bar of California
- The Bar Association of San Francisco
- Georgetown University Alumni Association
- American Bar Association
J.D., University of Florida, Fredric G. Levin College of Law (2008)
- Dean List (2006-2008)
- Senior Articles Editor, Entertainment Law Review
- Teaching Assistant, Legal Research & Writing, Appellate Advocacy, and Trial Practice Classes
B.A., magna cum laude, Georgetown University (2003)
- California State Courts
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit