Melissa A. Vaughn
Melissa Vaughn is Deputy Partner-in-Charge of the St. Louis office of Hawkins Parnell Thackston & Young LLP, where she focuses on toxic tort and environmental litigation; product and premises liability; transportation; bad faith and coverage litigation; and general negligence.
Melissa defends clients in federal and state courts in Missouri, Illinois, and several other jurisdictions across the country. She is responsible for all phases of litigation, including pre-suit investigation, written discovery, fact and expert witness depositions, vigorous motion practice, and trial. She also successfully negotiates pre-suit and pre-trial settlements and dismissals on behalf of her clients.
Prior to joining the firm, Melissa represented clients in litigation involving insurance coverage disputes, primarily first-party property matters and bad faith claims, in both federal and state jurisdictions. In addition, her practice included general negligence and professional malpractice defense.
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
- Illinois State Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- Super Lawyer "Rising Star," Super Lawyers Magazine (2011-2013)
- Super Lawyer "Top Women Attorneys in Illinois," Super Lawyers Magazine (2013)
- Accredited CLE Presentation, Resolute Management In-House Presentation, Chicago, Illinois and Boston, Massachusetts (September 2017)
- J.D., John Marshall Law School (2007)
- B.A., University of Dayton (2003)
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri