Matthew R. Daniels
Matt Daniels is an associate in the Chicago office of Hawkins Parnell Thackston & Young LLP, where he focuses on defending businesses against complex toxic tort and product liability claims. Matt has a broad range of experience, having handled personal injury claims, negligence actions relating to large property losses, insurance coverage matters, and a variety of commercial disputes. Matt is licensed in Michigan and Illinois and has appeared in state and federal courts throughout the Midwest.
Matt graduated from Michigan State University College of Law with cum laude distinction. While in law school Matt was a member of the Appellate Moot Court Board, and was the recipient of a 50% merit scholarship. Matt began his career with a highly regarded firm based in Ann Arbor, MI, and prior to joining HPTY, was a litigator in the subrogation & recovery practice group with an AMLAW 100 firm in Chicago.
- American Bar Association
- Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- Executive Committee Member, Young Professionals Board - Legal Assistance Foundation
J.D., cum laude, Michigan State University College of Law (2011)
- Appellate Moot Court Board
- Dean's List
- Recipient, Juris Prudence Award, Law and Literature
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan