Lanita S. Morgan
Lanita Morgan is an associate attorney in the Dallas office of Hawkins Parnell Thackston & Young LLP. As a Navy veteran, Lanita has an instinctive appreciation for preparation, collaboration, and proactive thinking. She brings these qualities to her litigation practice, which focuses on the defense of insurance, premises liability, and transportation matters, including product liability and breach of warranty claims.
Lanita is committed to delivering high-quality legal services and works tirelessly to exceed her clients’ goals, learn about their concerns and set clear, realistic expectations. She is experienced in all stages of litigation, including discovery, depositions, dispositive and pre-trial motions, pleadings, and trial. She prepares in-depth analyses to successfully manage cases leading up to negotiations, settlement, or trial. Meticulous research and preparation frequently allows Lanita to anticipate and proactively respond to arguments.
Lanita is active in numerous professional organizations and serves her community through her philanthropic efforts, including her volunteer work for Second Saturday and the Austin Street Shelter. She enjoys running, biking, cooking, and spending quality time with close family and friends.
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- State Bar of Texas
- Women and the Law Section
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Volunteer, Second Saturday
- Volunteer, Austin Street Shelter
J.D., Michigan State University College of Law (2013)
- Dean's List
- President, Alternative Dispute Resolution Society
- Member, Christian Legal Society
B.A., Iberian and Latin American Cultures, Stanford University (2010)
- Stanford Students Veteran's Club Financial Officer
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas