L. Kristin Brock
Kristin defends some of the nation's leading property and casualty insurance companies and their insureds in a variety of civil litigation areas, including product liability, premises liability, and general liability. She is highly experienced in toxic tort litigation and has defended numerous corporations in occupational exposure cases in which plaintiffs allege exposure to asbestos, silica, talc, and fiberglass dust. Kristin’s product liability clients include manufacturers and suppliers of various types of products and equipment associated with construction, sandblasting, home remodeling, and respiratory protection.
Kristin has been consistently successful in obtaining favorable outcomes for her clients in occupational exposure cases. She helped obtain a defense verdict in a recent fiberglass dust case tried in Georgia and is currently handling several silica cases. Kristin recently obtained summary judgment in a Georgia silica case involving allegedly defective respirators and has obtained summary judgment in countless asbestos cases filed in Georgia and Alabama.
Prior to joining Hawkins Parnell Thackston & Young LLP in 2004, Kristin served as a Law Clerk for The Honorable Joel J. Fryer in the Fulton County Superior Court in Atlanta, Georgia.
Kristin's clients include: State Farm Fire & Casualty, Nationwide Insurance, Liberty International, Vanderbilt Minerals, LLC, DAP, Inc., Bicknell Supply Company, Kelly-Moore Paint Company, CertainTeed Corporation, Foseco, Dana Corporation, Riley Stoker, and Duro Dyne Corporation.
- Atlanta Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia
- Alabama State Bar
- Defense Research Institute
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
J.D., Georgia State University College of Law (2001)
B.A., University of Georgia (1995)
- HPTY Wins Summary Judgment and Appeal for Residential Service Providers in Negligent Supervision Case
- HPTY Obtains Defense Verdict in Georgia Occupational Exposure Trial
- Kristin Brock Martin Wins Summary Judgment in Slip-and-Fall Case
- Peter York and Kristin Brock Win Summary Judgment in Catastrophic Personal Injury Case