Joseph R. Connelly III
Joe Connelly is an associate with Hawkins Parnell Thackston & Young LLP in Buffalo, New York. He focuses his practice on asbestos-related toxic tort and environmental litigation. He manages a docket of personal injury and wrongful death cases for numerous clients and works aggressively to achieve a positive resolution for these clients. Joe approaches each case with an aggressive and innovative approach with the mindset of extricating his clients from the litigation with the most favorable outcome. He has attended hundreds of complex product liability depositions and second chaired several trials.
Joe prides himself on trying to find new ways to advocate on behalf of his clients by thinking outside of the box and scrutinizing his adversaries tactics. He has successfully secured numerous dismissals for his clients by eliciting favorable testimony and engaging in written discovery that exposes weaknesses in his adversaries’ cases. He has managed cases from the filing of the complaint through trial, and into the cost-recovery phase after achieving a defense verdict.
- New York State Bar Association
- State Bar of California
J.D., cum laude, University of California, Hastings College of the Law (2010)
- Witkin Award; Pretrial Practice (2010); Writing and Research (2007)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award - Writing and Research, Torts II (2008)
B.A., International Political Economy, Fordham University (2004)
- Study Abroad Program in Barcelona, Spain (2003)
- California Superior Court
- California Court of Appeals
- California Supreme Court
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California