Jenny Yi is an associate in the San Francisco office of Hawkins Parnell Thackston & Young LLP. She advises private and public companies in corporate governance, executive compensation, business succession, and employee benefits, including employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs), 401(k) plans, and profit-sharing plans. She defends litigation arising from the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) involving fiduciary obligations, valuation disputes, and transactions.
During law school, Jenny was a judicial extern to the Honorable Judge Donovan Frank of the United States District Court for the District of Minnesota. She also gained experience as a legal intern in BNY Mellon’s corporate services sector, focusing on mergers and acquisitions, technology, real estate, and commercial lending.
- The Bar Association of San Francisco
- Asian American Bar Association of the Greater Bay Area
- New York City Bar Association
- New York County Lawyers Association
- New York City Bar Association Diversity Fellowship (2014)
J.D., University of Minnesota Law School (2016)
- Dean's List
- Student Attorney and Director, Robins Kaplan Civil Practice Clinic
- Recipient, Public Service Program Award
- Maynard Pirsig Moot Court