Jason J. Irvin
Jason Irvin is a trial attorney who has won defense verdicts in Texas, California, New Mexico, and Pennsylvania. As a senior partner at Hawkins Parnell Thackston & Young LLP, Jason’s practice focuses on product liability, commercial litigation, and wrongful death cases.
Jason understands that attorneys are in the customer service business. He prides himself in keeping his clients updated on their cases and providing aggressive litigation strategies designed to prevent lawsuit abuse against his clients. Jason understands that success in the legal field only comes with diligence and hard work. Jason’s work ethic has led his clients to entrust him with the responsibility of being lead trial counsel in numerous jurisdictions.
In addition to his work on behalf of companies, Jason has also won verdicts on behalf of pro bono clients. He represented an indigent client in a pro bono breach of contract and fraud case, obtaining a $100,000 verdict in her favor.
Jason is an avid fan of the Texas Longhorns, having obtained both his B.A. (with honors) and J.D. (with honors) from the University of Texas at Austin. In his spare time, he enjoys spending time with his wife and two daughters.
- Trial Attorneys of America
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
- New Mexico Defense Lawyers Association
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Litigation Section of the Texas State Bar Association
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of New Mexico
- New York State Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Super Lawyer "Rising Star," Super Lawyers Magazine (2010, 2012-2015)
"Putting Your Best Voice Forward,"Defense Research Institute, Asbestos Medicine Seminar, New Orleans, Louisiana(November 10-11, 2016)
"Asbestos Field Guide: Defense of Friction and Gasket Cases," In-House CLE, Indianapolis, Indiana (August 18, 2016)
“Conducting a Trial from an iPad,” Defense Research Institute, Product Liability Conference, New Orleans, Louisiana (February 3-5, 2016)
"Never Mind the Facts: The Damning Narrative Plaintiffs Can Aim at Any Defendant," Defense Research Institute, Asbestos Medicine Seminar, Las Vegas, Nevada, (November 2015)
“Beating the Reptilian Brain,” Trial Attorneys of America, Annual Meeting, Chicago, Illinois (June 10-12, 2015)
“Keeping Your Boiler Defendant from Losing Steam - Boiler Operation and Defense Strategy,” Defense Research Institute, Asbestos Medicine Seminar, San Francisco, California (November 6-7, 2014)
"Jury Selection in a Products Liability Case," Trial Attorneys of America, Annual Meeting, Chicago, Illinois (June 12-13, 2014)
"What We Learned From Victories & Defeats in the Last 12 Months" Defense Asbestos Litigation Seminar, Las Vegas, Nevada (June 4, 2014)
"Spoliation of Evidence: When to Cry Over Spilled Milk," Trial Attorneys of America, Annual Meeting, Chicago, Illinois (June 12-14, 2013)
"Assessing and Addressing Insurance Fraud in the Claims Environment," CLM (July 27, 2011)
Articles and publications
- Horst, et al. v. Union Carbide Corp., et al.
- Atlantic Specialty Insurance Company v. Deans Inc.
- Keith and Joy Ann Turley v. Ameron International Corporation, et al.
- Jessica Wagner, Individually And as Executor of the Estate of James Wager v. ArvinMeritor, Inc., et al.
- Jerome Candrilli, et al. v. A.O. Smith Water Products, Co., et al.
- Robert D. Wall, Sr., et al. v. Honeywell International, et al.
- Joy Lynn Tipping v. Art by Ancizar, Inc., et al.
- Cami Bivert v. Caterpillar, Inc., et al.
- Parga v. Caterpillar Industrial, Inc., et al.
- Patrick McCloskey, et al. v. A.O. Smith Water Products, et al.
- Harvey McIntyre, et al. v. 3M Company, et al.
- Natalie R. Dean, Individually and as Representative of the Estate of Paul Gaydos, Deceased, and Rebecca Lynn Karlik and Deane Maries Gaydos v. Alcoa, Inc.
- William Patchen v. A.W. Chesterton, et al.
- Jacob and Norma Jager v. 3M Company, et al
- Robert Casci v. 3M Company, et al.
- Gerold Ricks v. A.W. Chesterton Company, et al.
- Nasseem and Sanna Farag v. Advance Auto Parts, et al.
- Charles and Glenda Cundiff v. Alfa Laval, Inc., et al.
- Baker v. Bondex
- Melba Learn v. Alfa Laval, Inc., et al.
- Constancio v. 7-Eleven
J.D., with honors, University of Texas School of Law (2001)
- Intern, Texas Supreme Court for Justice Nathan Hecht
B.A., with honors, University of Texas at Austin (1998)
- Member, Phi Beta Kappa
- Lifetime Member, Ex-Students Association
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the District of New Mexico
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- HPTY Obtains Two Defense Verdicts in Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania
- New Rules Governing New York City's Asbestos Litigation
- Defense Verdict in Lightning Strike Fire Loss Subrogation Claim
- HPTY Wins Daubert Motion in Federal Court Take-Home Asbestos Case for Premises Client
- HPTY to Co-Chair and Speak at HarrisMartin's Southeast Asbestos Litigation Conference
- Ed Slaughter, Jason Irvin, and Saxon Guerriere Obtain Summary Judgment in Illinois Mesothelioma Case
- Susan Egeland and Jason Irvin Named 2013 Rising Stars in Texas
- Jason Irvin Wins Defense Verdict in Los Angeles Asbestos Trial
- California Supreme Court Confirms that a Defendant Cannot be Held Strictly Liable for Another Manufacturer’s Product
- Ed Slaughter Wins Defense Verdict in Los Angeles Mesothelioma Case
- HPTY Secures Supreme Court Victory in Arizona