Jackson K. Otto
Jackson Otto is an associate in the St. Louis office of Hawkins Parnell Thackston & Young LLP. Jackson focuses on defending mid-size to large corporations involved in complex litigation in the areas of toxic tort, environmental, and product liability. He has represented public entities, manufacturers, suppliers, and premises owners in claims involving abroad range of toxic exposure, personal injury, and property damage.
Jackson also has significant experience representing employers in matters arising from employment-related law and commercial disputes. He has argued numerous mediations and hearings before Administrative Law Judges.
Prior to joining the firm, Jackson was in the Labor Division of the Missouri Attorney General’s office, where he represented state employers in workers’ compensation cases and defended the Second Injury Fund on behalf of the Treasurer. He was also a law clerk in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri.
- Mandarin Chinese (conversational fluency)
- The Missouri Bar
- The Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- American Bar Association
- Volunteer, KidSmart
- Volunteer, St. Louis Arc
- Volunteer, Dirk's Fund Animal Rescue
J.D., Washington University School of Law (2014)
- Dean’s List
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards in Products Liability and Complex Civil Litigation
- Scholars in Law Award
- Senior Editor, Washington University Law Review
- Washington University Appellate Litigation Clinic
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Society
- Winner, ABA Intramural Client Counseling Competition
- Finalist, ABA Intramural Negotiation Competition
- William R. and Laura Rand Orthwein Public Interest Grant Recipient
- Dean’s List
- American Debate Association