Eric T. Hawkins
Eric Hawkins focuses on representing businesses in product liability, toxic tort, environmental, and related litigation. He defends a wide variety of complex claims involving asbestos, talc, silica, benzene, premises liability, and personal injuries. As national and local counsel to several corporate clients, he develops cutting-edge litigation strategies for jurisdictions throughout the United States.
Eric has an extensive knowledge of medical, engineering, and industrial hygiene issues that he uses to cross-examine and defend expert witnesses. He spends a considerable amount of time working with expert witnesses and is often called on to develop cross-examination strategies for the firm’s clients. He also manages and develops expert witnesses for clients across the country.
Having developed a creative motion practice to defend cases, Eric has successfully drafted and argued numerous motions for summary judgment and other pretrial motions that resulted in the dismissal of claims against his clients. He also has drafted several Daubert motions that resulted in the exclusion of expert witnesses and causation testimony.
- State Bar of Georgia
- North Carolina State Bar
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute
- “Case Specific Discovery and Trial Presentation - Comparing and Contrasting the Mesothelioma and Ovarian Cancer Cases,” HarrisMartin’s Talc, Asbestos, and the Cancer-Causing Properties of Talcum Powder Conference, Miami Beach, FL (November 2018)
- “Talc Litigation and Defense Strategy,” Firm Training Presentation (2017)
- "Cross Exam and Strategy for Susan Ratterman, Carl Brodkin, and Murray Finkelstein," Defense Asbestos Litigation Seminar, Las Vegas, Nevada (June 2016)
- “Defending the Product Identification Deposition,” Firm Training Presentation (July 2012)
- “Trial Tactics Seminar,” Firm Training Presentation (2011)
- “Medicare,” Firm Training Presentation (2010)
- “National Counsel Defense,” Firm Training Presentation (2009)
Articles and publications
J.D., Georgia State University College of Law (2005)
B.A., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (2002)