Douglas R. Simek
Douglas Simek is a partner in the Dallas office of Hawkins Parnell Thackston & Young LLP. He is a trial lawyer and manages complex product liability and toxic tort litigation nationwide. Doug has extensive experience in trial and appellate courts defending personal injury and wrongful death cases involving toxic exposures to asbestos, silica, talc, benzene, vinyl chloride, and various chemicals. His clients include product manufacturers, distributors, suppliers, and professional service providers.
Appellate and Reported Cases
- Tricia Lewis v. Ashtabula Metropolitan Housing Authority, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, Case No. 1:11-cv-00644: Appeal of the granting of AMHA’s motion to dismiss the complaint for failure to allege 42 U.S.C. §1983 and state created danger claims; judgment affirmed by the Sixth Circuit.
- Mark Schwartz v. Honeywell International Inc., Supreme Court of Ohio, Case No. 2016-1372: Memorandum of Amicus Curiae, Ohio Association of Civil Trial Attorneys in Support of Merit Brief of Appellant, Honeywell International Inc.
- Defense Research Institute
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Super Lawyer "Rising Star," Super Lawyers Magazine (2013-2016)
Articles and publications
- Maude Bell v. Doe Auto Manufacturer
- Sharon Hensley v. Doe Auto Manufacturer
- Marilyn Johnston v. Doe Auto Manufacturer
- Kenneth Smith v. Doe Auto Manufacturer
- William LaParl v. John Crane Inc.
- Charles Rich v. Garlock Sealing Technologies LLC
- James Bier v. Doe Auto Manufacturer
- Walter Cox v. Doe Auto Manufacturer
J.D., Cleveland State University - Cleveland-Marshall College of Law (2002)
- State of Ohio Guardian ad Litem
B.A., Political Science, University of Dayton (1998)
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit