Christopher C. Ege
Chris Ege is Partner-in-Charge of the Austin office of Hawkins Parnell Thackston & Young LLP.
As a trial lawyer for more than 15 years, Chris has a wide range of experience in Texas and throughout the country defending clients in commercial, product liability, and toxic tort litigation. He also represents individuals in probate litigation and labor and employment matters. Chris’ clients range from several large Fortune 500 corporations to individuals and small business owners in the Austin, Texas area. In addition, Chris serves as national trial counsel and national coordinating counsel for several clients.
Chris has extensive experience in the innovative use of alternative billing arrangements for complex product liability litigation and in the development and implementation of national litigation strategies. As national coordinating counsel, he manages trial settings, expert witnesses, trial preparation, and local counsel across the United States. Chris has also served as a resource on tort reform issues for Senate and House Committees in the Texas Legislature.
Prior to opening the Austin office of Hawkins Parnell Thackston & Young LLP in 2010, Chris worked for the law firm of Brown McCarroll, LLP (now Husch Blackwell) in Houston, Texas for 10 years. Chris received his JD from South Texas College of Law in Houston in 2000 and his BBA in Finance and Accounting from the McCombs School of Business at the University of Texas at Austin in 1997.
Chris values his client relationships and has represented some of the same clients for more than 15 years. Chris knows that success in litigation starts with understanding the client’s business, goals, and financial parameters. He also understands that in litigation the client needs not only a fearless advocate but a steady and trusted counselor.
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Austin Bar Association
- Labor & Employment Section
- Litigation Section
- Austin Young Lawyers Association
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- State Bar of Texas
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Children at Risk, Law Advisory Board Member
- Westlake Youth Soccer Association, Soccer Coach
- Leadership Austin
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers Magazine (2017-2018)
"Federal MDL 875 - The Black Hole?" Dallas, Texas (May 7, 2010)
"Ethical Issues in Representing Multiple Parties," Trial Tactics Seminar, Santa Fe (January 15, 2011)
- Daniel Skinner v. Basco Drywall and Painting, et al.
- Katherine Lopez v. BASF Catalyst, et al.
- Merlin Olsen v. Asbestos Companies, et al.
- William Mansir v. Air & Liquid Systems Corp, et al.
- Gilbert G. Llanes, Deceased v. Aluminum Company of America, et al.
- Mike Scanlon, et al. v. A.W. Chesterton, et al.
- Lynne Haver v. Kelly-Moore Paint Company, et al.
- John G. Thalman v. Kelly-Moore Paint Company, et al.
- Cyril Fritz v. Bondex, et al.
J.D., South Texas College of Law (2000)
B.B.A, Finance, Accounting, The University of Texas at Austin (1997)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- Defense Verdict in Los Angeles Living Mesothelioma Case
- Texas Trial Lawyers Ranelle Meroney and Amy Welborn Join HPTY's Austin Office
- Christopher Ege Named Partner-in-Charge of HPTY’s Austin Office
- Todd Wade and Chris Ege Win Defense Verdict for Kelly-Moore Paint Company in Alameda County, California
- HPTY Team Wins Summary Judgment in Los Angeles