Bryan M. Grantham
Bryan is a partner in the Atlanta office of Hawkins Parnell Thackston & Young LLP and is an experienced trial attorney. To date, Bryan has first-chaired more than a dozen trials in State, Superior, and Magistrate Courts in Georgia. Prior to coming to the Firm, Bryan served as an assistant public defender and represented criminal defendants at all stages of litigation - from arrest through trial and appeal. Presently, Bryan works as an Associate in the Firm’s legal malpractice, professional liability, and premises liability groups. As an attorney, Bryan has been successful in many facets - motions practice, negotiating favorable settlements, appellate work, and in the courtroom.
Legal Malpractice and Professional Liability Experience
Bryan represents and advises attorneys and other professionals both in and out of court in various disputes with clients, customers, or disciplinary boards.
- Bryan has secured dismissal or summary judgment in several legal malpractice suits for his attorney-clients, including cases seeking multimillion-dollar damages.
- Bryan has authored successful appeals either upholding or securing victory for his client.
- Bryan has helped attorneys and other professionals keep their licenses and livelihoods in tact in various disciplinary matters before the State Bar and other respective disciplinary boards.
Premises Liability Experience
Bryan actively represents businesses both large and small in various premises liability matters ranging from slip-and-fall cases, to unforeseen criminal acts, negligent security cases, and other claims affecting a premises owner or occupier.
- Bryan has secured dismissal of several actions for his clients including security companies, pest control companies, and apartment complexes.
- Bryan has obtained favorable settlements for his clients in both negligent security and pest control cases.
- State Bar of Georgia
- American Bar Association
- University of Georgia Alumni Association
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Atlanta Council of Young Lawyers
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Selected as a Barrister in the Bleckley Inns of Court (2010-2013)
- Super Lawyer "Rising Star," Super Lawyers Magazine (2013-2018)
J.D., Georgia State University College of Law (2006)
B.A., Political Science, University of Georgia (2003)
- HPTY Obtains Dismissal for Law Firm Accused of Violating FDCPA
- Summary Judgment Obtained in Complex Legal Malpractice Case
- Twenty Lawyers Selected to Georgia's 2017 Super Lawyers®
- Seven Lawyers Named Rising Stars in Georgia Super Lawyers
- Bryan Grantham Prevails on Summary Judgment in Fraud Case
- Bryan Grantham Obtains Dismissal in Legal Malpractice Case