Bill D. Fountain
Bill Fountain is Partner-in-Charge of the San Francisco office of Hawkins Parnell Thackston & Young LLP. He has successfully first-chaired a significant number of jury trials. Bill has a practice that covers a broad range of law with an emphasis on multi-party toxic tort and environmental litigation, product liability, professional negligence, construction and premises liability, dram shop litigation, and general civil litigation.
Bill employs a working relationship with his clients to provide the most thorough and well-rounded defense. Bill has the ability to translate complex legal matters into an easily understandable language which works well when presenting the precise facts in an efficient, knowledgeable, and authoritative defense.
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Federal Bar Association
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Austin Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of California
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- James Angus and Juana Angus v. Asbestos Corporation Limited, et al.
- James Harkin v. John Crane Inc., et al.
- John Perniz and Mary Beth Perniz v. Sequoia Ventures, Inc. et al.
- Darrell Polk, et al. v. Alcoa, Inc.
- Robert Wayne Henderson v. Asbestos Companies, et al.
- Gilbert G. Llanes, Deceased v. Aluminum Company of America, et al.
- Vernon Walker v. Bondex International, Inc., et al.
- Frank Lowery v. Bondex International, Inc., et al.
- John G. Thalman v. Kelly-Moore Paint Company, et al.
- Kevin Sandel v. Kelly-Moore Paint Company, Inc.
J.D., cum laude, Texas Tech University School of Law (1980)
- Law Review
- Order of the Coif
B.A., cum laude, Business Administration, Washington State University (1977)
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas